Development of a Training Program to Improve the Wellbeing of Persons with Cerebral Palsy through Inclusive Eating, Physical Activity and Sport
Cerebral Palsy (CP) is a permanent but not unchanging motor disorder due to a non-progressive interference/lesion/abnormality in the developing/immature brain. It affects movement and posture and is often accompanied by sensory, communication, behavioral, cognitive and/or perceptual difficulties. Two per thousand live births in Europe has CP (1 per 500 persons = 1.000.000). CP can not be cured and it may affect the subjective wellbeing and the ability to participate fully in life (SCPE. Dev Med Child Neurol 42 (2000) 816-824). But persons with CP should be given the opportunities to live a full life with proper care and supports, improving motor functions, intellectual development, adaptive skills, level of communication and social relationships.
CP-WELLBEING is launched with the main objective of increasing the competencies of the collective around people with cerebral palsy about how to implement inclusive eating, physical activity and sport with the global Wellbeing and Quality of Life approach, through an innovate training program.
- People with cerebral palsy
- Family members of people with cerebral palsy
- Professionals working in care services for people with cerebral palsy
- To raise and increase awareness and motivate people with cerebral palsy and the collective around them of the importance of inclusive eating and physical activity as a tool for improving Quality of Live and Wellbeing of people with cerebral palsy.
- To transfer knowledge, tools and guidelines to people with CP, their families and professionals working with them, regarding inclusive eating, physical activity and sports for people with cerebral palsy.